Summer of Smite
“It’s time for another summer road trip through the Battleground of the Gods! We’ll be releasing new Summer of SMITE content over the next several patches. Every time you buy a Skin, you’ll get to pick your favorite souvenir from our in-game shop. Then complete two specific Quests to unlock your bonus item forever! There are seven keepsakes to claim, plus an ultimate reward only available when you collect all eight Skins: one honey of a Limited Skin, only available during Summer of SMITE 2017!”
- SoS Aquarium Pedestal
- Kaijunbo Kuzenbo
- Foxy Lady Daji
Click here to learn more about Summer of SMITE!
“Kicking off our Mid-Season update is Project Olympus. Project Olympus is our coordinated effort to improve key existing features, while bringing long requested updates to our players. Project Olympus will be taking major steps in 4.13, 4.14, and 4.15 with Engine Improvements, Console Quality Of Life Updates, Prestige, Wisdom Tab updates and much more! Project Olympus will continue throughout the rest of Season 4 with specific changes falling under the same banner and will culminate in our Season 5 reveal early next year. To learn more about Project Olympus, click here!”
Graphical Engine Updates
- DirectX 11 Beta
- DirectX 11 is coming to SMITE. Using DirectX 11 will improve both CPU and GPU performance on cards or integrated graphics that support DirectX 11. Additionally, this unifies our rendering codebase between PC and Consoles, allowing any future performance improvements to benefit all our clients.
- To participate in the DirectX 11 Beta to to Settings -> Video Options -> Check “Use D3D11 (BETA)” and restart your game.
- While performance will generally be improved, memory usage may be higher. We will continue to optimize memory before our final release.
- If you encounter a graphical issue or client instability, please report any issue you encounter. If you need to switch back simply uncheck “Use D3D11 (BETA)”.
- High Resolution Texture Pack
- Players will be able to download a High Resolution Texture Pack DLC that will provide more detail than before and will be especially useful to players using a 4K display.
- To use the High Resolution Texture Pack, open your launcher and go to “Manage DLC”. Check the High Resolution Texture Pack and “Apply” to begin your download. Once in game, ensure your texture detail setting is set to “Maximum” to enable your downloaded High Resolution Texture Pack.
- Image WITH Texture Pack vs. Image WITHOUT Texture Pack
- Resolution Scaling
- Players will now have the option to adjust their Resolution Scaling.
- At values below 100%, the in-game resolution will decrease providing improved performance while the UI will stack at a higher display resolution for legibility.
- At values above 100%, you can use additional GPU power to render the in-game resolution higher than your display resolution. This provides improved anti-aliasing (supersampling) which looks especially good in motion and provides more fine-grained detail.
- Image WITH Supersampling vs. WITHOUT Sumersampling
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- PC Players on high shader quality setting and Console Players will now have Parallax Occlusion Mapping. This will make certain textures appear as if they have more depth, improving detail on things that should have depth like cracks in the floor or walls.
- 4.13 applies this treatment to only certain textures on the Conquest and Joust maps. Moving forward we will be applying them to more maps and surfaces.
- Image WITH Parallax Enabled vs. Image WITHOUT Parallax Enabled
- 64-Bit Client
- We’re beginning tests of our new 64-bit client. We will roll this out to more and more players in the future and will provide specific improvements to the 64-bit client.
- To use the 64-Bit client players will need to modify their “Optional Game Command Line Parameters” in the Launcher. To do this, hit the Cog Wheel on your launcher and type “-Use64” in the ““Optional Game Command Line Parameters” and hit “Apply”.
- Players will now have access to levels above level 30, with a new cap of 160. Players who have accumulated Experience past level 30 will log in and be immediately set to their new level.
- Levels 1 to 30 have also had their experience requirements adjusted for a smoother leveling experience.
- Players will be able to show off their current Prestige Level on the Avatar Border on their Home Screen and on the Loading Screen.
- There are 7 new Achievements for reaching Prestige Milestones.
- Follower Prestige – Reach Level 31.
- Acolyte Prestige – Reach Level 51.
- Elder Prestige – Reach Level 71.
- Ethereal Prestige – Reach Level 91.
- Divine Prestige – Reach Level 111.
- Immortal Prestige – Reach Level 131.
- Godlike Prestige – Reach Level 151.
- Ultimate Prestige – Reach Level 160.
Wisdom Tab Updates
- All gameplay tutorial videos have been updated. These feature revamped scripts with more relevant information and better visuals to convey ideas to new players.
- This is the first step in our revamp of the Wisdom Tab. In future updates, we will be adding more information here to help new players have better resources to learn SMITE.
“Triumphant Chests are a new system coming to SMITE that will reward players for winning games every week! This system does not replace any login or First Win of the Day bonus and is simply in addition to those features. Long time players especially will be able to continue earning more and more chests by using accumulated Favor, which will breath some new life into Favor as a currency.”
- The Triumphant Chest system allows you to earn Chests by winning PvP games of SMITE. After a win, you will receive either a Winner’s, Champion’s, or Hero’s Chest – each containing increasingly rare items. You will begin with 4 open slots and once a Chest is received and opened, that slot will become locked until it resets on Tuesday. You can unlock a slot early through 2750 Favor or 75 Gems.
- As you open more Chests, you will begin working towards unlocking a Godlike Chest. A Godlike Chest is earned after opening a combination of 20 Winner’s, Champion’s, and Hero’s Chests and will contain the rarest items including the new Exclusive Head Over Heels Cupid Skin.
- Fixed an issue where god walking effects could be seen through Fog Of War.
- Players will now be able to see all Game Mode Queues when selecting the Normal Queue type.
- Cu Chulainn – Fixed various description errors in his Passive.
“During the first half of the season, we a multitude of strategies develop on the Conquest map. Initially, it began with heavy early pressure, but organized competitive play teams have developed different methods of pushing games further and further towards the mid and late game. However, these coordinated strategies are less effective in un-organized play (Casual and Ranked) and have left a feeling that games are too heavily weighted towards the early game.
XP gain is what allows a team to secure early leads (through Levels) and Gold is what allows teams to close out games (by being an item ahead). Jungle Monsters that are split with the whole team are seeing a reduction in total XP, while the Gold Fury is seeing a significant reduction in global XP provided. Teams who are able to secure the jungle effectively will still gain a lead, but the lead will be less significant.
Additionally, we are increasing the health of the Tier 2 Tower and Phoenix while also increasing the health defeated Phoenixes respawn at. Teams who draft towards the late game will feel better able to defend against early sieges and potentially turn the fight as their strength comes online.
Since these are large changes to the pacing of Conquest we will be watching closely to see how teams and players adapt towards mid and late game strategies.”
- There is now a global audio to indicate when Gold Fury and Fire Giant have been defeated, similar to the Portal Demon global audio
- All lane Minions now meet at 30s
- The first Brute Minion will no longer appear until the 3rd Minion wave
- Fire Elementals
- Decreased XP reward from
30 → 20
- Increased Health from
90 → 160
- Elder Fire Elemental
- Decreased XP reward from
105 → 80
- Decreased XP reward from
85 → 65
- Mini Cyclops
- Increased Health from
90 → 160
- Mid Harpy
- Increased XP reward from
55 → 58
- Gold Fury
- XP decreased from
100 + 10/min → 50 + 5/min
- Increased Health of the Tier 2 Tower from
2000 → 2500
- Increased Health of the Phoenix from
2000 → 3000
- Increased Respawn Health of the Phoenix from
5% → 25%
- Increased Max Health when a Phoenix respawns from
40% → 70%
“The Siege mode is due for some updates. Console players and lower end PC players often had frame rate issues. We have improved this by doing a large visual pass on Siege, mostly affecting the foliage on the map.
Some balance and bug fixes will accompany the optimization updates. The mode often leads to very 1-sided games where teams snowball and win very quickly. The Wild Juggernaut will be tougher to kill in the late game and Controlled Juggernauts will give a reward to the entire team who slays them.”
- Made large adjustments to increase the performance in the Siege map, including new foliage and trees
- Reduced the pregame time from
90s → 60s
- When a controlled Siege Juggernaut is defeated, the team that defeats one will now gain 75 XP and 100 Gold
- Added pre-game Jungle Timers
- Changed the Purple Buff to a Yellow Movement Speed Buff
- Increase the Wild Juggernaut’s Health Max Scaling by 20%
- The Wild Juggernaut now regenerates Health over time when unleashed
- Fixed an issue where Hou Yi’s Ricochet could become stuck in one of the side lane walls
“Both Clash and Joust had moments where players would finish their build well ahead of hitting Level 20 or the other way around. We are adjusting each mode slightly to bring the curve of Levels and items more into line.”
- Decreased XP spooling from
6 XP → 4 XP
- Decreased gold spooling from
8 Gold → 6 Gold