- This ability now applies a Stun with no Diminishing Returns
- This means that it should always last the same amount of time, fixing situations where Ne Zha could use Armillary Sash and the target could move out of the way before he reaches the location.
- This is consistent with specific other Stun effects that have a scripted animation time, eg. Sobek’s Charge Prey
- Fixed an issue where using this ability on gods who were in the process of being knocked-up would also cause Ne Zha to be in the air on reaching that target.
- Now Ne Zha will reach the target and deal damage while still on the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the Area of effect damage of this ability will sometimes miss targets that are in the air but within the hit area.
- Fixed an issue where quickly turning the camera while using this ability would cause the hit area and the FX to be de-synced, leading to situations where the player does not look like they should hit an enemy, but they do.
- Note: On researching the solution for this issue we were also able to successfully apply the same fix to Ra and Searing Pain. Now the FX and the damage area for this ability should match up when quickly moving the camera.
- Added new FX to this ability to clearly portray the area of effect of damage when Ne Zha reaches a target.
- This applies to all skins.
- Adjusted the bounding area of the UI elements in this ability so that they will no longer have the chance to be hidden behind Ne Zha’s passive meter UI
- Fixed an issue where Ne Zha was able to slide passed an enemy instead of correctly latching onto them
- Fixed an issue with the FX for this ability where the last few feet of the targeter were raised in a slope
- This caused perspective issues, making it feel like the ability targeter was longer than intended.
Odysseus’ Bow has become a prevalent force in Hunter builds. A large boost in Attack Speed combined with immediate damage makes this a strong rush option that has become the go to choice for most Hunters. To ensure this isn’t pushing out other starts and item variety we are lowering the Base Damage, making this item rely more on its scaling and lowering its immediate impact.
- Decreased Base Damage from 30 to 15
- Decreased Base Damage from 20 to 15
Malice encourages a unique play style focused on weaving Abilities and Critical Strikes to gain a benefit. The cost of Malice as well as the strength of the benefit made it difficult to really go for this style of play over the more traditional builds. We are lowering the cost and upping the cooldown reduction to make this more comparable to other build choices.
- Decreased cost from 3000 to 2650.
- Increase cooldown reduction from 2s to 3s.
Doom Orb is a pricey item. Movement Speed is a potent effect, and an item that could provide this with a large amount of power was a scary but exciting item going into Season 6. At 3200 gold however, the item was higher in cost than luxury items like Rod of Tahuti and Soul Reaver. We are lowering the cost to make it as affordable as other Mage choices.
- Decreased cost from 3200 to 3000
Rod of Asclepius/Rod of Healing
- Updated description to better convey this item only affects healing abilities. The functionality of this item has not changed
Gem of Isolation
Gem of Isolation is a potent and frustrating item. Giving mages access to some self peel and setup is important to have, but the counterplay opportunity for this item is limited. We are adjusting the slow potency and duration to give players more opportunity to play around the slowing effect.
- Decreased movement speed slow from 25% to 20%
- Decreased movement speed slow duration from 2s to 1s
Achilles has recently undergone some large adjustments. His top end performance was limiting god diversity and his Basic Attacks did not visually match his extended range. We were watching him carefully to see how much of an effect these changes had and he ended up dropping heavily. We want to find the proper balance point between his previous strength and his current performance. To do this we are bringing up his overall clear pressure by increasing the ranged power of Shield of Achilles, while giving him more late game tanking potential through his armored passive.
Since the start of Season 6 we have made heavy adjustments towards the most banned gods. One god who has largely not been adjusted but has always been behind the top two bans is Ao Kuang. His early kill potential combined with high clear speed allow him to be a Ranked powerhouse, leaving little room for enemies to find gaps in his toolbox. We are lowering the slow on Dragon’s Call and increasing the cooldown on Wildstorm, bringing his strengths more in line.
In this patch we are adjusting some Guardians who have been sitting low in performance for some time. Athena has been a potent pick in previous seasons, but has been lackluster for Season 6. Rather than further increasing her strengths (looking at you, Confound) we are bringing up her base capabilities of her other abilities. Shield Wall will get more damage on the front, while dealing the same damage overall making it more useful without needing to combine it with Confound. Preemptive Strike will now always slow for its full duration, giving more offensive potential and control early on.
- Increased Initial Damage from 60/95/130/165/200 to 70/110/150/190/230.
- Decreased Explosion damage from 80/150/220/290/360 to 70/135/200/265/330.
Cerberus can be a powerhouse in most modes, but in Conquest he has struggled to be a successful frontline bruiser and guardian. We are increasing the reward Cerberus receives for aggressively devouring god’s souls as well as making it easier to wolf em down. In addition, we are giving him access to his ultimate more often during the early stages of the game, while making it match the frequency of other AoE teamfight ultimates in the late game.
- Decreased Health of Soul from 95/130/165/200/235 to 60/100/140/180/220.
- Increased Heal per God from 30/50/70/90/110 to 40/65/90/115/140.
He Bo has risen the tides of the SPL, showing himself to be a staple of the competitive scene and high level ranked. Atlas of the Yellow River provides a large movement speed swing while Water Cannon brings consistent and high damage, allowing him to threaten kills easily. We are reducing both of these aspects, requiring He Bo to commit more and put himself more at risk to make similar plays.
Horus & Set has been out for some time now and have undergone fixes from their release. Everyone has been having a blast with them and have been discussing their balance state on all channels. While most feel they are balanced, or have concerns about what they can do in skilled hands, we feel they could use slight buffs in key areas to ensure they feel good to play while not over buffing them. Horus specifically struggles from very high cooldowns in the early game, limiting his ability to help his carry in a reliable way. We want to alleviate this while not boosting his late game lockdown, so we are lowering the cooldown early but having it scale to the same amount. We are excited to see how Horus will shake up the competitive scene and their tactics in the weeks to come!
The World Serpent has continued to make a big impression in SMITE. His high damage and pressure has pushed him to be a powerful threat, becoming a common pick at the competitive level and seeing success across the board. Our recent changes focused on ensuring his unique aspects felt threatening, so in this patch we are focused on bringing his overall pressure down. Consuming Bellow provides heavy burst that is difficult to deal with up through the mid game. We are lowering the base damage to give enemies a chance to fight back against the damage.
Khepri is another guardian who has been strong, but has struggled in the recent Season. We want Khepri to focus on contributing more over the course of a fight more often, rather than relying on Scarab’s Blessing too heavily. Rising Dawn will deal slightly more base damage, while Solar Flare will allow Khepri to bring some crowd control more often.
Set is similar to Horus, underperforming in key aspects with a community concern on them being over buffed. For Set, we feel his damage and mobility are appropriate when players have invested the time to learning his mechanics. We are increase focused on his Passive and Ultimate, and ensuring players have a smooth experience with both. Relentless is difficult to maintain, even during an active fight, while his Ultimate locked him out of abilities for a significant amount of time, more than his animation conveyed. These combinations can feel restrictive and limiting when Set is all about unleashing his rage. These changes should better represent this feeling and make his gameplay smoother.
- Increased duration from 4s to 5s.
- Fixed a description error with this listed it lasted for 3 seconds. It was actually lasting for 4s.
Ymir is the last, but certainly not the least, Guardian on this list. The Frost Giant is struggling to bring the level of control needed to compete with other guardians. Frost Breath has a significant cooldown, limiting his access to reliable control. We are lowering the cooldown, allowing him to freeze the opposition and shatter through the front lines.