SMITE 2020 Valentine's Day Community Skin Submission Program
Gods & Goddesses!
We know the Community LOVES Valentine’s Day Skins, and we want your help in choosing one! We’re excited to announce the first ever Valentine’s Day community skin submission program.
In addition to having their skin implemented in the game, the artist of the concept selected for implementation will also receive a brand new in-game cosmetics bundle (the “Artist Bundle”) that is not otherwise obtainable either through purchase or by playing SMITE. This bundle will include an in-game avatar, title, and jump stamp.
We can’t wait to see what the community comes up with, so channel your inner Cupid and get started on your amazing concepts!
The official rules for this program consist of both this program page and the SMITE® Community Skin Submission Program General Rules, Terms and Conditions (“General Rules”) available here!
Program: SMITE® Valentine’s Day Community Skin Submission Program
Theme: Valentine’s Day
Age Requirement: You must be at least 13 years of age in order to participate. Additionally, if you are a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
Submission Period: Submissions will be accepted beginning as of the posting of this announcement and ending on August 30, 2019 at 6:00pm Eastern Time. You can submit your concept here. You may submit as many concepts as you like during the submission period.
- The Titan Forge Games Team will review concepts based on the following factors: originality, technical feasibility, player appeal, overall theme, and quality. The team will select up to 8 of the best concepts as finalists (though, if needed, we may adjust that number). We plan to announce finalists no later than October 2019.
- The community will vote on finalists via the voting form established by Hi-Rez. The voting period will be for a limited period of time as stated on such voting form or announcement by Hi-Rez. The finalist with the most votes after the close of such voting period will be selected to have their concept implemented in-game, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Program Rules, including without limitation completion of a declaration of eligibility and acknowledgment of Hi-Rez’s rights in the submission.
Program Content: Implementation of the selected submission in-game; 1 Artist Bundle.
*Images provided above are of assets currently in development. Final in-game assets are subject to change.
Please also note the following reminders on program rules:
- Submissions must be consistent with the Theme for the program (if any).
- Your submission must not have been submitted in any SMITE community skin contest or submission program.
- Your submission must be your original work. This means the concept must be conceived, designed, and drawn solely by you.
- If any submissions other than final selected submission stand out to us, we may choose to implement such submission at some point in the future.
- In the event your submission is selected for potential implementation, you will be notified via e-mail with additional instructions by Hi-Rez Studios, which may include requests to provide additional information or documents. Failure to respond to such notification or follow such instructions by the deadline (or if no deadline is provided, then within a reasonable time) may result in disqualification.
- Submissions must be appropriate for the SMITE universe. Entries will be disqualified if deemed inappropriate for implementation in the game. As an initial matter, entries that are obscene, offensive, vulgar, or discriminatory will be removed from the program. We reserve the right to disqualify submissions, including, without limitation, submissions that (a) are incomplete or unclear; (b) violate any applicable laws, including without limitation, infringement of intellectual property or publicity rights; (c) contain fraudulent, false, or misleading information; or (d) are otherwise detrimental or damaging to Hi-Rez Studios and its affiliates. We reserve the right to disqualify submissions that do not comply with program rules.
- In exchange for the license set forth in the Program Rules for use of our SMITE® materials in your submission, submissions are sole and exclusive property of Hi-Rez as set forth in the Program Rules.
Lastly, we want to mention that, while submitted artwork will strongly influence the final skin design, it may not be exactly the same. Skins must be re-concepted and designed internally to make sure their design fits all the requirements for each God or Goddess, and its role in the game.